- Cherry MX Switch
- 3.5 millimeter Mono Port
- 6 inches of wire
- Optional: Compression spring for adjusting the buttons' actuation force
- Optional: 3.5 millimeter Mono Cable to connect the button to things
- Optional: drawer/shelf/toolbox liner or dual-lock or velcro as a grip base
- Print the button base, button hatch, and and key cap.
- Solder the MX switch to the mono port with two pieces of wire, about 3 inches each.
- Install the MX switch in the middle of the button base, and then run the mono jack to the port on the flat side. Screw the mono port's threads into the hole in the side of the button.
- Jam the key cap onto the cherry MX switch. This can optionally be done with a light spring over the switch stem to adjust the force of the button.
- Optionally glue or bolt (M3 bolts) the shelf liner to the bottom of the button to make a no-slip base!
Can also optionally have superglue to hold things together.