Directions: This game can be played with 2 or more players.
Step One: Gather materials.
- Laminating pouches (if no laminator is available)
- File Folder
- 3 Paper Fasteners
- 3 Paper Clips
- Dry Erase
Step Two: Print free printables.
Step Three: Laminate the spinners.
Step Four: Play the game as follows.
- Give each player a write and wipe board.
- Select the first player. Place a marker on the “Start” space.
- The first player will spin all the spinners one at a time. Then, he will write the letters that have been spun in the color-matched spaces on the top level of his write and wipe board. Next, he will write the letters in order to create a word on the bottom level of his write and wipe board.
- If a real word is created, the player moves forward 2 spaces.
- If a nonsense word is created, the player moves forward 1 space.
- The game continues to the next player.
- The winner is the first to make it onto the “End” space.
Example: Player spins: n, e, and t. This player will move ahead 2 spaces. Player spins: r, e, and g. This player will move ahead 1 space. As they play, students will record some of their CVC words on the included assessment sheets. Assessment sheets for 5 words and 10 words are included.